Dear Meagan,
     With your interests in science education it seems to me that a
Museum Studies degree with an emphasis in education would be the right
way to go. An MBA would be more likely to prepare you for museum
administration. There are several good education oriented Museum Studies
Programs to choose from.
     Your question hits on the topic of the ACUMG's upcoming
pre-conference at the AAM conference in May. I hope you will be able to
join us for this timely discussion of this perennial question. This
conference is titled:
            "To a Degree or Can You Still Learn on the Job!
                   Museum Studies Programs in Academia."
There are lots of great speakers including folks who will address the
preparation of museum professionals for the educational museum. You can
see the whole conference program by looking at the Conference Brochure
and Registration Form:
http://www.NaturalHeritageCenter.org/acumg/ACUMG03.pdf

     Stefan Sommer, Vice President
     Association of College and University Museums and Galleries (ACUMG)

Dr. Stefan Sommer, Director
Natural Heritage Center
Idaho State University
Campus Box 8007