From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of George Garner
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 6:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Museum Business plans vs. for-profit business plans

Dear all,

We are beginning the dreaded, but vital process of writing a business plan. I am working with an undergraduate student from a local college's business department. However, having little experience with business plans I want to offer him some guidance - especially about the differences between business plans for the profit and non-profit worlds.

What differences exist, if any, between for-profit and not-for-profit business plans? Also, if anyone would mind sharing a copy of theirs (a table of contents will suffice - just enough to get a template) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

George Garner

National Speedskating Museum and Hall of Fame

George Garner, Director and Curator
P.O. Box 3120, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
(518) 587-2609

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: