Check dissertations in Art History and Architectural History. The College Art Association publishes a list of newly completed dissertations and dissertations begun every year in the June issue, I believe, of The Art Bulletin. Also, the Society of Architectural Historians has a listing of current and finished dissertations. I'm not sure if you can access their site if not a member, but contact SAH. Students in both Art History and Architectural History write plenty of dissertations on museums. Also, you might check schools with programs in Museum Studies, there may be MA work on museum architecture. The CAA guide to MA and PhD programs should have some of these schools in it.

Loretta Lorance