Sometimes the best way to get paid is to find a demand in what you are
passionate for and build a business off of that instead of depending on
someone else to determind your worth. The museum and each position is worth
so much to our diverse culture and how our culture expresses itself through
art. Museum employees should be paid more, the work that they do is no walk
in the park, and it is quite intellectual and requires advanced degrees,
sometimes a doctorate, but still offer a much lower pay than a MBA in a
middle management position.

The cultural arts, whether visual or performing, isn't as valued as corporate
America, obviously, so the pay isn't that good. If you are passionate in a
certain area regarding the arts, then use your passion to build your own
riches, financially and lifestyle-wise.

Christi Pemberton

M erri C .Pemberton