Our museum organization is planning a capital campaign for an Education Center. Part of this building will include facility rental to outside groups including other nonprofits, corporations, clubs, etc. I have a call into our accountant, but in the meantime, I wanted to hear how other museums/nonprofits classify income from renting their facility. Do you pay UBIT (unrelated business income tax) on this income? Is there a threshold for being subject to UBIT? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Kim

Kim Lennox, Executive Director
Astor House Museum and Clear Creek History Park
822 12th Street
Golden, CO  80401
303-278-3557
www.astorhousemuseum.org