I took the Miller Analogies Test about 11 years ago. The test is 100 analogies of increasing difficulty and it is a timed test.  Also, it is in your interest to complete as many items on the test as possible. I personally liked the test and did quite well on it.

I was never required to take the GRE, although I understand that the GRE is broader in scope.

You can learn more about the MAT at:

http://www.tpcweb.com/mat/

John Chadwick