Dear All,

I have seen this statue on the internet, and I have to say that, no matter what type of scholarly b.s. one would love to use to justify this piece, this artwork is just disgraceful at this time. If Fischl did not forsee the deep hurt and pain that many New Yorkers would feel from experiencing this artwork, then he is, what I call, an educated fool. These New Yorkers went through more hell than we could have ever imagined. Witnessing the people who jumped to their deaths, because they couldn't bear to be burned alive has damaged the minds and emotions of many people for a long time. New Yorkers are still going through nightmares, and other mental and emotional problems because of these horrific sights. Some barely made it out of those buildings alive. How would any of you feel if you had to  witness, in person, these things, or realize that a skyscraper is falling down upon you.

How can we even justify this art at this time? There will always a debate of what is good art or bad art, what is tasteful or not, but this piece of work is just plain cold and sorry. It is about time that we get off of our snotty pants high horses and recognize that there is a time and a place for everything. This piece of artwork is in the wrong time and in the wrong place. Give New York a time to heal before you start to even think about placing this kind of art in the public, where everyone has to look at it. We may be able to block out billboards and signs on an everyday basis, but you have to be half out of your mind to block that statue out.

Good gracious, let us be human and have some decency and good ole' fashion sense for a change.

Sincerely,

Merri

M erri C .Pemberton ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: