Hi,
For the person who asked if anyone knew of ways to get internships in european museums:
I graduated from SUNY Oswego, and did a summer semester in London...(they had students from many different universities enrolled-so you dont have to be a SUNY student to get involved)...They arranged an internship for me at a London Museum as part of my summer studies.  You can contact their study abroad program on their website..
good luck...Study abroad was THE  most rewarding experience of my life...their program is excellent....support in London was super..they do have programs in other countries, but not certain about the internship aspect....
sandy sternberg loope