Your message was passed on to me from Mary Webb.

The artist in question is probably:

Georges Frederic Rotig  (1873 - 1961).

His works come up for sale, but they do not sell for very much.  Here are some details:

Lions - 31 x 39 inches - July 18, 2001: $2,500 (Sotheby's Sussex)

Le cerf - 16 x 22 inches - Bought In - June 2001 (France)

L'elan - 16 x 22 - $2,859 - June 2001 (France)

His Deer paintings come up quite often and sell in the $1500 - $3000 range.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Howard L. Rehs
Rehs Galleries, Inc.
5 East 57th Street
New York, N.Y. 10022
(212) 355-5710
(212) 355-5742 - fax
(917) 690-7766 - cellular
www.rehsgalleries.com
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)
Members Of:
Fine Art Dealers Association (FADA) – Howard Rehs, current President
Art & Antique Dealers League of America
C.I.N.O.A.
Appraisers Association of America