Alexandra,

Having grown up in Los Angeles and lived 16 years acroos the street from
the Tar Pits I must tell you that these are NOT dinosaur remains!
They are animals who existed at the same time as the Great Bonneville
Lake which later created the Great Basin of the western United States.
I'm sorry I can't recall the time period in dates.
Still, they are marvelous to view.
  Good Luck!

Susanne Lambert