Dear List Members,

I am currently undertaking research for my MA Museology dissertation, which addresses the impact of digital technology on museum photographic collections.

I am particularly interested in guidelines or in house policies dealing with the digitisation of photographs and the collection and storage of digital material.

How members think digital archives have/ will affect the use of photographic collections?

Have members any particular concerns about the rapid obsolescence of digital technology with regard to the longevity and accessibility of digital material - both reproductions and original work?

Any feedback or suggestions of reading material would be very much appreciated.

Siobhan Davis
University of East Anglia
Norwich
UK