This may be an elementary question, but I figure someone on the listserv would be able to help me.
I have had a summer student assist me with an exhibit here at the Museum and one of the reference books that we have for archeological material dates artifacts by A.D.C. and B.C.C., such as pottery shards from 600 B.C.C.
We were wondering, the terms I grew up with were BC and AD, what does the last C refer to?

Thanks in Advance

Clark Bernat
Managing Director
Niagara Historical Society & Museum