Many thanks to all of you who responded to my pleas for building and exhibit costs.  I have two budgetary (is that a word?) requests to submit to our County gov't and was not given a sufficient amount of time to pinpoint exact costs.  Your info was quite helpful, though.

For those of you interested in a summary of the info I gathered...  suggested building costs averaged around $150 - 300/sf.  Exhibit costs, it seems, can vary GREATLY, from perhaps $125 - $500 a sf!!!  At our museum, we can produce our own temporary (not traveling) exhibits for about $50 a square foot, and it doesn't go very far!

Again, thanks to you all for your help.

Lori Tomlinson
Executive Director
Florida Adventure Museum