A couple of comments on this thread:

Perspective on a very public forum might be prudent.  Righteous indignation may be justified but expressing it in some venues may be ill advised.

While applicants may well not want to work for an employer who does not notify every applicant of their status, most employers prefer employees with discretion.

Lest the list find me cold-hearted, let me say I, too, have looked for jobs from time to time.  (Most of us have. Most of us have had these experiences looking for jobs.)