Our museum was recently approached by an artist who wishes to display his works to raise awareness about a culturally sensitive issue.

Prior to this, our museum had a policy of allowing no artists into the museum except on an invitation only basis.  We have several art shows that are used for fundraising purposes throughout the year and we don't want to create a conflict with those venues.  For that reason we haven't allowed artists to use the museum as a point of sale unless they are entered in these shows.

This policy has served us well for some time, but special interest artists who have no interest in selling their work is something we would like to find more information about.  Does your museum deal with these issues?  If so, we would be interested in obtaining a copy of your museum's exhibits policy.  We would very much appreciate the input from those history museums that work with artists on a regular basis.

Michael Kassel
Exhibits Manager
Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001