I am curious to know how large museums are approaching the digitization of their artifact collections.  We started a digitization program in 1994 and decided at that time to warehouse high resolution image files (.TIFF) on cds, to store those cds in our photo archives, and to generate from those cds 3 different sizes of .jpegs for use on our public access site.  Is this still the right approach?  Is there a more effective way of handling this situation?

Any and all comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.

      Patricia Davis-Perkins
      Bibliothèque, archives et services de documentation/Library, Archives and Documentation services
      Musée canadien des civilisations/Canadian Museum of Civilization
      Tél : (819) 776-8456