I think that looking at Columbine, metal detectors and drug dogs in schools, and knowing of a situation where a first grader had a pair of scissors, gripped them in her hand with the sharp point directed at the other student and threatened to stab her- should give plenty people reasons to say that this next generation is at least a little worse. Kids have even admitted that they have much more to worry about than when their parents were growing up e.g. heightened school violence. When I was a senior in high school (1994) we started to see the police and drug dogs patrolling our school, and we were a small town school at that. So, it is getting worse. Not every kid has serious problems, but the problems existing in this society are having a great impact on the generations to come.

Sincerely,

Merri