From: Crystal Tinch [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 1:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Art and Education

Yesterday I attended an in-service about Brain-Based Learning and children.  One component (the Artful Brain) talked about art (whether visual or moving) and the role it plays in making students better human beings, allowing kids to better express themselves, and students who participate in art/music programs have higher graduation rates, and will go on to college, etc. etc.  I am looking for information (stats, facts, studies, books, websites, etc.) that relate to this topic.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Crystal