It is not unheard of to have an audio recording of meetings.  Some state's used to require this as part of their open meeting law for state departments.  So there is nothing wrong with having someone record meetings on tape.  Who becomes another question.  I'd see this as a function of the recording secretary but if the recording secretary didn't do it, the director certainly could.
On the other hand, over ten years I recall trying this only once or twice when a secretary wasn't available to take minutes.

Is there more to your question than meets the eye?

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/17/02 08:35PM >>>
Is it standard procedure for the executive director of a board governed
organization to record minutes?