Truly, I am not as frustrated as it seems. I unfortunately have been
responding while under the weather, so I have a tendency to be curt. My
apologies.

My career choices are mine and my husbands, leaving the area to pursue this
choice is not possible as I am not the sole bread winner and like you, we
fall into a tax bracket that is limiting to us at tax time. Never enough but
too much.

I have made a decision to pursue this career and I am working with my
advisor, my committee, and my work supervisor to create ways to add to
studies. Example: I am taking a course called "working in historical
institutions" and I actually work in a historical institution, so I keep
track of my reading material, keep a journal of what I do, write a paper
about what I am doing during this period of time and my experiences give me
college credit, and does not interfere with my work schedule.

I am working with these people on creating a conservation lab for credit
since one is not offered as part of the required courses for the certificate.
I discussed with my supervisor the possibility of joining forces with other
organizations in our area to provide lectures and workshops. He is agreeable,
so we are creating a list of all the organizations in our area and we will be
sending a letter out within the next two weeks.

As a nontraditional student some choices are made for me, so I have been
creative. The university offers courses in public admin, nonprofit
management, and courses within respective fields of interest (like the
history course I am taking now) that I am pulling together. I am hoping that
by the time I am done, it will set a precedence for a master's in museum
studies. The university would be able to offer a minor, a certificate and a
graduate level degree.

This is a portion of my plan of attack.

Shawn