To be honest, museum professionals and teachers do not get paid well. Funding is not there (IMHO it SHOULD be). I am not entering into the field because I plan to get rich, I am doing it because I love what I do. I am sure this is the same for all here (hope so, otherwise you will be disappointed). I am not even interested in becoming a director (too many headaches). It is great work and the personal joy of holding artifacts (or objects for the art group here) and learning about them is all I need. It is great fun and educational every day. The rest is icing on the cake.

Shawn M. Weisser