From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Lori Allen
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 4:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Visitor Services Question (gripe)

When I was a docent, if a group arrived 10 - 15 minutes late, their tour was 10-15 minutes shorter than the allotted time.  If the arrived 20 or more minutes late, they forfeited their tour time unless they has some unusual circumstance and notified us (via cell phone).  In that one instance (the bus broke down), we were able to accomodate them, but we had made them no promises at the time of the call.
 I like the letter idea a lot.  I might also consider keeping track of those who don't show and requiring deposits when they attempt to schedule a tour again.

Lori Allen,
Grad Student, UMSL