Dear Listers:

I am researching how museum professionals and American Indian groups negotiate private religious/cultural ceremonies in non-public museum spaces (storage areas, offices etc) with and for objects that remain in the museum’s collection.

If you or someone you know would like to discuss personal experiences and perspectives with me please contact me via email.

Naturally, I welcome any general discussion among the list group or other feedback on the topic.

Many thanks,

Nina Kollmar Fairles

M.A. Candidate in Museum Studies

(please excuse cross-postings)