Discovery Rooms workshop, Feb 12, Oakland CA
Discovering Discovery Rooms
Tuesday, February 12, 2002, 2:30-5:00 PM
Chabot Space & Science Center, Oakland, CA

Come join us as we investigate and explore Bay Area Discovery Rooms. Find out how these special learning environments promote learning for parents and their young children. We'll learn the history of discovery rooms from Judy White, who created the first Discovery Room at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in Washington D.C. with Carol Marsh. Jennifer (Dursi) Rothman, Education Director at the Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo, will provide an overview of Discovery Rooms in the Bay Area and discuss options for those with less space or money for their program. We'll also explore Chabot Space & Science Center's Discovery Lab.
For Directions and the full program information visit our website at http://www.museum-ed.org/culturalconnections/.

Mark your calendar for our upcoming program:
Wednesday, April 10, 2002
Docent Diversity: Recruiting, Training, and Maintaining Volunteer Docents
Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, San Jose
--
Chelsea Pickslay
Cultural Connections

Cultural Connections is a community of educators-from museums, zoos, aquaria, parks, historical organizations and nature centers-who inspire excellence and support progress in our individual and collective educational work.
Please forward this to anyone who might be interested in this program or future Cultural Connections events.  If you would like to be removed from this mailing list, please reply to this email. Thank you.