Hello everyone!

I am new to this list, and also to the museum field in general.  As of this May, I will be a recent college graduate with a BA in Anthropology and Spanish from the University of Virginia.  I am currently in the process of jobsearching, and am especially interested in seeking a paid museum position in the Washington D.C. area - my dream job with the Smithsonian - but I'm flexible and would be willing to relocate and do whatever it takes to find employment!  I realize a higher degree is preferred for most positions and depending on how things go in the "real world", I may continue my education in museum studies.  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for a first-time jobseeker with only a BA?  Ways to get better connected and test the waters in the museum field?  Thanks!

-Rosalie Schwimmer