Someone recently said that this was a list only for 'museum professionals'.  I take offense to that statement.  This was a list that we all signed up on yahoo, is it not?  (forgive me if I am wrong) And I don't believe they check your credentials when you sign up. Also we 'newbies' who have been annoying you with our how to get a job requests are always told that by joining professional organizations, and talking to those already in museums is a way to get into the field.  I believe that is what we are doing by beign members of this list.
         It is snobbery such as this that is detering me from ever entering the museum field, if this is how those who are already established look at those who are just breaking in.  We have also been told not to look at money as a factor in choosing positions.  (I will refrain from using the word job because apparently the museum world is far above having jobs)  Unfortunately in this time of economic struggles, I do not have the luxury to just volunteer in six different museums until a position opens up for me.  I have to pay my bills or I don't eat, that's the way it is.   And many of my other fellow recent graduates are no better off, from what I hear.
         I hope that we will have soon heard the end of most of these complaints, or Indigo will not be the only one this list loses.  Please remember that as museum professonials, you were all once newbies too.