Come to Kentucky, You could spend an entire vacation visiting Historic "Whiskey/whisky" distillaries. But in KY, you can't taste! (bummer), although most have a whiskey/whisky candy (of which I have heard various opinions). Most of these are still working factories, I wonder what we could learn from their tours.

Here are a couple of listings:
Buffalo Trace Distillery - Frankfort, KY (our capitol) - www.buffalotrace.com
Labrot & Graham Distillery - Frankfort - historic site, restored limestone buildings- uses pot still method - www.bf.com
Rebecca-Ruth Candy , Inc - Frankfort - "Orginators of Burbon Candy" - founded 1919
Makers Mark - Loretto, KY - (btw - they spell it whisky) - www.makersmark.com
Four Roses Distilling - Lawrenceburg, Kentucky - the building looks like a spainish mission -http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey/4roses.htm
Wild Turkey Burbon - about a 45 min drive from Lexington - http://www.wildturkeybourbon.com/ -(web site is pretty slow loading)
Buffalo Trace - Franklin County, KY - www.buffalotrace.com -
Jim Beam - couldn't find any tour info - but I didn't like the site - your on your own ! www.jimbeam.com

a site with some interesting info - http://www.visitlex.com/quick/bourbon.html -

And last but not least - http://www.maltadvocate.com/whiskyfest/whiskyfest.html - Whisky Fest - Chicago, IL - April 17, 2002 - Wednesday, 6:30pm - 10:00pm  - The Hyatt Regency on Wacker Ave. - Price: $65 all inclusive

Just a side note - Crown Royal, on the rocks, in a cut crystal glass. If it's cheap stuff, give it to me with PEPSI (and not the diet stuff)

Have a GREAT Whiskey/Whisky Day !

Sharon Buford