One thought that this threat has left with me is:

I suspect that not enough time has passed for a memorial to be created.  However much care and thought is put into whatever is erected now the intensity of response will be amplified in part because we have little historical perspective. We all know that any museum exhibit can be criticized for anything and the public works of art are more open targets.
The "political correctness" that interests me is that we are left with huge collections of "tributes" at the sites of disasters which may have been intended as temporary but have evolved into things we feel we need to preserve.  I wonder if at some time in the future museum professionals will start to look at these in the same way we look at items we classify as "pieces of the true cross." (How many toes did I step on there?)

I apologize if this has been addressed in the thread and I missed it in the many waiting for me this morning.

Audra Oliver