Just a conservation question for any of those with opinions on the subject.
Our museum is having a portrait remounted which is was conserved in 1979, when
an aluminum honeycomb core ALCOR support panel was attached to it.  Is this aluminum
backing safe for the portrait??  Should we have it removed when we have the portrait
remounted??

Feel free to reply to me on or off of the list.