I can sympathize with what everyone has stated on this subject, although I am still working on getting my MA.  The program I am in set up seminars for all of us to attend and the most recent one discussed how to "sell" yourself to an employer.  I think Christopher Wise (the last person to respond to the initial posting) made a good point about really knowing the position you are applying for and marketing yourself specifically for it.  Also, we are all in a field with somewhat limited positions available for employment to begin with that we must try a bit harder to get the "dream job" that we want.  Don't forget: unfortunately for all of us, the economy is in somewhat of a slump right now, so the perfect job may not be out there at this very moment, but fear not, persistance and experience will win out for all of us.  Just keep up hope, you never know when something might turn up.

Kimberly Praria,

Cooperstown Graduate Program-Class of 2003