Hello,

The City of Memphis, Tennessee, maintains the Pink Palace family of Museums which includes the Pink Palace Mansion, Pink Palace Museum, the Sharpe Planetarium, Lichterman Nature Center, historic houses, and a natural science center.

You can find information about these from www.memphismuseums.org

The City of Fort Walton Beach, Florida, has its own museum division which owns and operates three museums. Info can be found online at http://www.fwb.org/html/fwbmuseum01.htm

 A quick Google web search under the search phrase “city-owned museum” turned up the Crocker Museum of Art (Sacramento, CA), Brooklyn Museum of Art (New York City), Baltimore (MD) Museum of Art, Davenport (IA) Museum of Art, Winchester-Frederick County (VA) Historical Society, and the Florida International Museum (St. Petersburg, FL) among others.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Shane Rhyne, Public Relations Director

East Tennessee Historical Society