Beth Ann:
The Milwaukee Public Museum, like many institutions today, is in a private/public relationship.  The county owns the building and the collections, the staff salaries and related expenditures comes from private monies.  The county provides 4.3 million a year for a five year renewable contract and the rest of the remaining 15 million or so comes from other sources such as shops, admission, food, membership, facility rental, etc. You can contact me directly if you need more information and if I can't answer your questions, I can certainly recommend someone who can.
Dawn Scher Thomae
Milwaukee Public Museum

"[log in to unmask]" wrote:

I am interested in gathering a list of museums who are physically owned or in an operating relationship with a municipality.  If you site qualifies, would you forward me a contact person?  I am particularly interested in historic sites but not restricted to.  Thank you.

Beth Ann McPherson
Curator of Interpretation
The Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms