Hello Colleagues--

We are currently doing some long-range planning for exhibits--and are
looking for new and creative ways of presenting our collection.  We plan on
conducting several focus groups to see where/how we come up on the public's
"radar"--and to use the knowledge and perspectives gained from the
participants to plan future exhibits--as well as the marketing of them.

We are going to conduct the focus groups on-site utilizing a trained
facilitator, who has graciously donated his time.  Normally, participants of
focus groups are paid a stipend for their time and effort.  I would like to
know if anyone has conducted focus groups--and the range given for stipends
of such groups.

Any input on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Brian C. Buff
Curatorial Department
Shaker Museum and Library
Old Chatham, N.Y.