Considered it...have used it for specific installations but not for general background music.  The problem has been allotting the task of monitoring the machinery to someone--nobody has the time to devote to checking it every so often on a regular basis.

Julia Moore
Indianapolis Art Center
-----Original Message-----
From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Mary Agnes Beach
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 1:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: question

Have any of the art museum folks out there made attempts to have recorded music in your galleries on a daily basis for the run of an exhibit?  If so what have your responses been from your audience?  Your board?  Has there been a problem with choosing music to suit a range of visitors?  If you have not done this but considered it what has held you back?  I am a curator at a community art museum of American art and our board and director want to consider adding music or other sounds to our exhibits so I thought I would put the question out on the museum discussion list and see what all of you wonderful professionals had to say.  Many thanks!
Mary Agnes Beach
Curator of Exhibitions and Collections
Hickory Museum of Art
Box 2572  Hickory, NC  28603