Hello,
 I am sending this message out in the hopes that some of you will be interested in taking part in a questionnaire I have developed.  The questionnaire will be summarized and used as part of my thesis, "Museum Collections and the Antiquities Trade," which I am writing in fulfillment of a master's degree in Museum Studies at San Francisco State University.

The objective of the survey is to gain a deeper understanding of the difficult issues involved in the collecting of cultural property by museums, galleries, auction houses, private collectors, and cultural institutions.  A major focus of my survey is on the antiquities trade and how it affects museum collections policies and ethics.  I have concentrated specifically on examples of Mediterranean antiquities; however, I welcome examples from other cultures.

This survey is generally aimed at museum professionals, such as curators and registrars/collections managers, whether you are currently working with antiquities, or have done so in the past.  Other candidates could be those working in the field of cultural property, archaeologists, and teachers in all these disciplines.

If you are interested in participating, please email me.  I can either email you the questionnaire as a text document attachment, or if you prefer,  email me your name, title, and address, and I will mail you a hardcopy of the survey with a stamped, addressed return envelope.  I welcome any observations, solutions, or comments you may have on these or other related issues, regardless of whether or not you participate in the survey.  If you know of other colleagues who may be interested in adding their input, you may forward this email to them. .For those who choose to participate, I will be happy to send you the results of the survey.  My email address is [log in to unmask]

Again, thank you for your time.  I'm anxious to receive your input, and look forward to hearing from you soon!

With thanks,
Eve Brockmann
MA Candidate, Museum Studies
Classics Dept. (415-338-2068)