As someone who is legally blind, I soundly second Christian's sensible solution. I rather like the informal approach as most of us who have handicaps are somewhat sensitive about being singled out for special attention. Some years ago we had a discussion on this list about such programs and I think we were all surprised by the small number that were identified. Developing your own program isn't exactly "rocket science"; but it does require a team effort on the part of staff AND consultation with interested members of your local blind community.

Harry Needham Consulting Services Inc.
Consulting, training & research solutions
for heritage institutions - and others!
74 Abbeyhill Drive
Kanata ON K2L 1H1 Canada
(voice) +1.613.831-1068