Please forgive this brief email relating to job searches.

I have often been told to request informational interviews with organizations in which I am interested and am trying to use this method in my current job search. (I have arts/ museum/marketing/pr/development experience) For me I see it as an opportunity to make new contacts and get the word out (and my resume) to people in the field as much as a chance for me to better understand how to find a position with a not-for-profit arts organization.

My concern is that I do not want to misuse the time of the person who is kind enough to allow me to come in and talk with them for 15-30 minutes. (In fact, I'm wondering if I should do this over the phone since people are so busy.) Is there any advice anyone wants to offer about the best information to try to glean from these brief informational meetings and how to be prepared to ask the right questions?

Thank you.