I should clarify my statement about our brick program.  It is being done in conjunction with a building program, and our contractor will be taking care of our brick, which relieves some of our problems.

Candace Perry
Schwenkfelder Library & Heritage Center
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>Issaquah Historical Society Info
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: Brick Recognition Programs

We've had a brick drive in the past. Initially it was a great success and raised some funds. However, over the long term it became an albatross. One problem we (and other groups) have had is - who lays the bricks when they get here? Also, the sales have slowed down a lot. It takes a long time to fill the minimum order and people when their bricks don't get placed post-haste.  We also have A LOT of empty spaces to fill up in front of our Depot. I would recommend doing the sales for a limited period of time and knowing exactly how many bricks you want to sell.

We were selling the bricks for $50. Another segment of our organization is taking over the sales and will be selling them for $100. I'm just happy not to have to worry about it anymore!

Please e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask] if you'd like me to send our form. It's in Publisher.

Hope this helps,
Erica

Erica S. Maniez
Museum Director, Issaquah Historical Society