At our museum we have been using a type of sticker with our name/logo on,
however, they come off during the tour, often falling on the floor.  They are
rough to get off the floors and we find them all over the site.

I have noticed some museums use the small tin/metal button badges than a top
section is bend over to secure them to a lapel or shirt pocket.  The color of
the buttons are changed daily or weekly.

What do some other museums use to let the staff/volunteers know that the
visitor
has paid and has access to the site/buildings, etc.?  How often do you change
colors (so guest do not come back another day)>  Finally, where do you obtain
the
buttons and the costs?  Thanks in advance.

John Martinson
Curator of Collections