The Harvard Extension School offers a certificate in Museum Studies.  The School is very experience with distance ed, but for the first time this semester Museum Studies is experimenting with a course that is offered in-person and online - IT for Museums and Non-Profits, a course taught by Katherine Jones and myself.  I expect that this will be a successful experiment and I hope that the program with expand its online offerings, but I cannot speak for their plans in any official way.

The program:
http://www.extension.harvard.edu/2000-01/programs/certificate/cms.shtml

The course
http://lab.dce.harvard.edu/extension/musee130/syllabus.html