Hello All:

I work for a small non-profit arts center that has a small touring exhibits program. The director has discussed compensating the person in charge of booking the tours with ten percent of the rental fee. This is in addition to a part time salary which is comparable to other part time staff members (as small as that may be!).
Is this a common practice? It seems that it goes above and beyond what others can earn. If this is the case then why, for example, doesn't the education director earn a percentage on art class fees, or the program director on admissions? All of these things are equal programs of the center. But I may be off base.
If any of you with similar programs are willing to share your policies or input with me I would appreciate it.

Thanks -
J. Clark