When we need nice vinyl text & labels, we turn to our Ioline Studio 8 vinyl cutter/plotter.  It runs with a program called Signlab 5.0 which we really like.  If you would like more info, I recommend you contact:

Sean Healy
Vinyl Cutting Technologies
1761 W. University Ste. 140
Tempe AZ 85281
Phone:  480/449-7670
Fax:  480/557-7512

I hope this info is useful to you.

Good luck,

Joel Ayala, Jr./Exhibit Designer
Arizona State Library, Archives & Public Records/Museum Division
1700 West Washington Street
Phoenix AZ 85007
Phone:  602/542-4405
Fax:  602/542-4690