Sample response:

From:   [log in to unmask] (Tom Judd)

A Zip drive is way too small for storing image files.  You will fill it up
very quickly.

There are 3 alternatives:

1. Jaz drive, either 1 or 2 Gig.
The least hassle, works just like a hard drive.  Expensive media. Not
entirely safe for archiving, because it can be erased.  Also, the cartridges
are mechanical so subject to failure.  However, I have used Jaz for several
years with excellent results.

2. CDR
Very cheap media.  650 meg enough for most purposes.  Universal format,
especially ISO9660 format.  Best for archiving  because they can't be erased.
 Get a good writer such as Plextor.

3. CDRW
Media now about the same as CDR.  Not as good for archiving because can be
erased.  Problem to read on some machines.

I use Jaz for short-term backups and storage.  CDR for long-term.