The Arkansas Museums Association (AMA), like most state museum organizations, presents annual awards in a number of categories.  However, no award category currently exists for museum programs, and a committee is looking at developing such a category.  We'd like input from other organizations about the kinds of program-based awards you offer and the parameters of such awards.

By "programming" we mean the full range of activities that are part of museums' educational mission.  These could include education, exhibits, research, oral history, etc.  (At present AMA does have an exhibits and a publications award, but no award directed at those other types of activities.)

Please respond to me directly, not to the list, and, if possible, include copies of award criteria.  Thanks.

Allyn Lord, Assistant Director
Rogers Historical Museum
322 South Second St.
Rogers, AR  72756