.  The gallery that I am presently writing for is considering a new approach to exhbition text.  Rather than explaining to the viewer what the artist may have intended when painting their artwork, the gallery wants to invite the viewer to explore the work and to come to their decision.  The purpose is to educate as well as inform, to engage the viewer in the artwork and to hopefully (particularly where they are to some extent antagonistic to contemporary art) awaken an interest in contemporary art sufficiently to entice them back.

I am looking for any information that may be available for the preparation of didactic educational text, papers online or off, books or any advice would be appreciated.

Nyrel Saunders Art Gallery of Wollongong Australia