Date:         Mon, 20 Mar 2000 01:12:07 -0800
Sender:       Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         curator <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Fw: RURAL TEXTILE MUSEUM IN INDIA

----- Original Message -----
From: curator <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 12:47 AM
Subject: Re: RURAL TEXTILE MUSEUM IN INDIA

> This sounds like an excellent project. I do know locally of THE LATIMER
> QUILT & TEXTILE CENTER in Tillamook, OR, U.S.A. Through many years of
> development they now have a Textile Repository of 4200 sq.ft., hold
classes
> and have a research library and "The completion and restoration of quilts
> and textiles is a main focus of the center." I do not know if they have a
> website, though you might search in case it was developed recently. They
do
> have a comparitive collection to match things regionally and a dye garden.
> The address is:
>  THE LATIMER QUILT & TEXTILE CENTER
>  2105 Wilson River Loop Road
> Tillamook, OR      97141
> Here is the phone #:                      Best of luck,   Diane B. Rice,
> Curator         North Lincoln County Historical Museum        Lincoln
City,
> OR
> (503) 842-8622

"Signoff

Date:         Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:34:46 -0500
Sender:       Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Conrad/Caldwell House Museum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Most Unforgetable Exhibit

A drawer in a table at Biltmore that was supposed to hve been stained with
blood from Napoleons' heart!  (It was 40 years ago!)

Date:         Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:45:44 -0500
Sender:       Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Anne Douglas <[log in to unmask]>

A visit to the American Museum of Natural History in NYC was a recurring field trip in my grammar
school days, and the big blue whale hanging from the ceiling was always talked about afterward.  I
assume it's still hanging there?

Anne Fuhrman Douglas               email: [log in to unmask]
Registrar                                    phone: 919-966-5736
Ackland Art Museum                   fax:   919-966-1400
The University of North Carolina
Campus Box 3400
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3400
U.S.A.