    From: Ingrid M. Furniss <[log in to unmask]>
    To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
    Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 3:46 AM
    Subject: Interpretive Websites

    Hello Everyone!
    My project for a Museum Interpretation course is to analyze websites that
    serve a strong interpretive/educational role.  For example, interpretive
    websites might have collections displayed online with descriptive labels
    similar to an actual museum exhibit.  It might also have class activities for
    teachers to download.  Similar to a museum tour, interpretive websites may
    have links guiding the viewer from object to object, concept to concept in a
    systematic way.

    One of the best examples is the Metropolitan's new website, which I plan to
    use as one of my examples.  Do any of you know of websites, other than the
    Metropolitan's, that you would particularly recommend and why?  Thanks in
    advance for your input!

    Ingrid Furniss