LynneTeather wrote:
One way that younger members might be attracted to ICOM is for our museum
studies educational places (schools, associations, institutes) to emphasize
the work of ICOM and its many committees and affiliated groups. I'm afraid
my experience is that such is often not the case, especially in North
America.

This is exactly the case in Africa. ICOM members are making little effort to inform even their own colleagues about the organisation. Yet ICOM is a fantastic idea for museum professionals. In my experience the various sub-committees are doing thier best to keep their members informed, but the idea is to get the members in the first place. I agree with Lynne Teather.

Josephine Thang'wa
Public Relations Officer
National Museums of Kenya.