Several years ago, I had to research and find a computer software for the museum I was working at.  It was a historic house museum with a small budget.  I went to Museum Computer Network Conference in Canada and found the perfect one for my museum.  It was called Virtual Collections made by a Canadian group.  It could be tailored for fine arts, archives, etc.  It really worked well for us and fit into our budget nicely.  (under $1500)

Lisa
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Harry & Monika
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, January 21, 2000 9:44 PM
  Subject: Museum Software

  Greetings all,

  The Illinois State Historical Society has been asked to consult for a new museum being created.  We have been reviewing software programs to make a recommendation and thought I'd get some thoughts from the list.  I went through the listserv archive and saw the many praises for Past Perfect.  We are currently leaning in that direction, but want to know of any plus/minuses as compared to say Access, Snap!, MIMSY, or other database collections software.  Past Perfect seems to be very competitive with its price, but are you getting what you paid for in terms of value?

  Thanks in advance for any and all responses.  You can respond to me off list at [log in to unmask] .

  Harry Klinkhamer