From:
Laura West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:38:56 -0500
Also important is establishing the feasibility of such a project. Will it
ultimately cost more than the construction of new facilities? If so, and it
often is so, is that in the best interests of a community (it really can be
given the need for maintaining a presence in area where adaptive re-use
usually occurs; downtown area, urban "slums" being renovated/ restored)?
Cost I would not estimate for a specific project without being directly
involved, however it could take an average of $400- $600/ psf in an adaptive
re-use project...and excellent planning can save money being spent on costly
errors. Good luck.

Cheers,
Laura West

M&S Engineering, Ltd.
6477 FM 311
P.O. Box 970
Spring Branch, Texas 78070
T 830.228.5446
F 830.885.2170

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power, and magic in it."--Unknown (no longer attributable to Goethe).